Top 5 Bridesmaids’ Don’ts
To be asked to be a bridesmaid is quite the honor. You’re there to help the bride enjoy every ounce of her big day and all the festivities leading up to the moment she says, “I do.” Take the job seriously, she’s chosen you as one of her right-hand ladies. She trusts that you’ll help her through all the stress and worry. And she most importantly, wants to share one of the most special days of her life with you at her side.
1. Don’t back out at the last minute. Please DO NOT back out of the entire ceremony at the last minute. If the bride is trusting you to be at her side on such an important day, don’t break her trust by going back on your word.
2. Don’t spill the secrets. Jealous or stressed, or even on accident … there are no excuses. Do not leak any wedding day secrets, especially of the dress to other friends, the groom, the in-laws, or worse … people that aren’t even invited to the wedding! Just zip those lips!
3. Don’t act like you don’t care. The worst thing you can do as a bridesmaid is make like you’re disinterested in the wedding. Remember that whatever is going on in your life is just as important as her wedding day in her life. If your friend, sister, cousin, co-worker … or whoever is the bride show that you care and are excited for her upcoming day!
4. Don’t expect the bride to pay. If you’ve agreed to be a bridesmaid, don’t expect the bride or her parents to cough up the cash. Again as we said in a recent post, unless it’s completely unreasonable save a little for her big day and if she hasn’t already, she’ll gladly return the favor.
5. Don’t party too hard at the wedding. Have fun and celebrate with the happy couple, but don’t go overboard, make a scene, or be unable to help the bride with anything and everything throughout the ceremony and reception.